A 10-month fellowship seeks to strengthen leadership capacity of female catalysts of social change in the fields of rural transformation, education, development sports and arts, culture & heritage.
India’s largest private sector company Reliance Industries’ philanthropic arm Reliance Foundation in association with Vital Voices Global Partnership launched WomenLead India Fellowship for women leaders. Nationwide applications invited today for the fellowship programme.
As per a company statement, WomanLead India is a 10-month long fellowship to strengthen the leadership capacity of female catalysts of social change in the fields of rural transformation, education, development sports and arts, culture & heritage.
The fellowship will select 50 women leaders in the inaugural group and they will be trained on leadership capacity building and skill development. Selected fellows will also benefit from mentoring support and peer-to-peer engagement.
“We believe in the collective and creative power of women to empower not just themselves, but also their families and communities. When women lean on women and rise together, they build a network and system of leadership that can help transform the world around them. It is our mission to drive and support this leadership amongst women. The WomenLead India Fellowship powered by Reliance Foundation and Vital Voices is an important step in nurturing inspirational women leaders who will be at the forefront of driving social change in India,” said Mrs Nita M Ambani, Founder-Chairperson, Reliance Foundation.
Terming as thrilled to partner with Reliance Foundation to invest in India’s next generation women leaders Alyse Nelson, Co-Founder, President, & CEO, Vital Voices said, “Every problem solver needs a support network and we aim to be that for these women leaders by making a long-term investment in both the woman and the important work that she is doing to advance and empower the people of India and beyond,”
The 10-month fully funded programme serves as just the start of a relationship between the Fellows and the vast network of women leaders and global influencers who make up the Vital Voices and Reliance Foundation network, said a release.
The last date for applications will be October 3, 2022. All interested candidates may visit https://www.vitalvoices.org/program/womenleadindiafellowship/ to learn more about how to become a part of this transformative new programme, the release added.
- Rural Transformation: Developing holistic, sustainable solutions to address the main development concerns of rural communities, such as economic empowerment, nutrition security, water security, ecology, governance capacity of local organisations, and women’s empowerment.
- Education: Addressing inequalities in access to Early Childhood Care and Education, primary, secondary, and higher education across income, gender, social group and geography; improving quality of educational services imparted across all levels; and developing or strengthening educational institutions.
- Sports for Development: Building character and leadership skills among the youth in India by using sports as a medium to encourage lifelong learning and by also expanding access to sports in rural and marginalised communities.
- Arts, Culture & Heritage: Preserving and promoting India’s art, culture, and heritage; advancing the knowledge of Indian arts, culture, and heritage domestically and globally; sustaining and making art and culture relevant to the younger generation.
As per the release, The WomenLead India fellows will be mentored in one of the following tracks based on their prior experience.
- Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurs
- Social Sector Leaders
- Change makers
Tags: #ruraltransformation #economicempowerment #developmentsports #RelianceFoundation #AlyseNelson #leadershipskills