District administrations in Bhadrak, Bargarh, Koraput have announced 48-hour shutdown from August 1 keeping in view the rising cases of coronavirus in these districts. The shutdown restrictions in Bhadrak district will come into effect from 5 AM of August 1 to 5 AM of August 3 as per the official statement issued by the Collector-cum-chairman district Disaster Management Authority. During the shutdown period, all other activities/ institutions including all government offices in the district shall remain closed. The following have been exempted:
- Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, movement of ambulances and hospital personnel
- Medicine stores open till 10 PM; medicine stores at District Headquarters Hospital and CHC to function 24×7
- Central & State government officials on emergency duty
- Petrol pumps, LPG distribution, home delivery of essential commodities, water supply, sanitation, electricity distribution, print and electronic media identified by Bhadrak SP
- Movement of goods and goods carriers whether loaded and unloaded
- All agriculture, horticulture and allied activities including opening of fertiliser and pesticide shops
- Movement of people for medical emergencies
The district administration of Nabarangpur has also decided to impose a shutdown in the entire district from August 1 till August 2 midnight, informed Collector Ajit Mishra.
Gathering of people in public places, non-essential gatherings, seminars, workshops, marriage baarat, opera shows or any political rallies. Similarly, there will be a three-day shutdown in Bargarh district have been prohibited with immediate effect from tomorrow with restrictions on intra-district public and private transport. All the shops and commercial establishments, government and private institutions and movement and assembly of people will be completely restricted. However, several essential services like hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, petrol pumps, milk booths, ATMs, home delivery of food items including grocery, vegetables, fruits will be allowed. Sale of vegetables, fruits, bread, biscuits allowed between 6 AM and 9 AM. Shops selling seeds, fertilisers will be allowed to remain open till 1 PM.
A three-day shutdown has also been imposed in Malkangiri municipality and Balimela NAC area from today. The shutdown restrictions will remain in force till Sunday (August 3) midnight.